UNESCO Chair for Democracy and Human Rights (70), established in 1994 at Luis Carlos Galán Institute for Development of Democracy (Colombia).
Disciplines related to democracy and human rights.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of democracy and human rights; to initiate research and help elaborate curricula concerning issues of democracy and human rights for the progressive development of a nationwide system of permanent education in the field democracy and human rights.
- To facilitate sub regional and regional collaboration between high-level internationally recognized researchers and teachers and the research and teaching staff of the Institute.
- Luis Carlos Galán Institute for Development of Democracy. Website
- Webpage of the National Colombian Commission for UNESCO
- UNESCO Chairs in Human Rights and Democracy/Culture of Peace.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Prof. Maruja Pachón de Villamizar, Instituto para el Desarrollo de la Democracia Luis Carlos Galán
Director, UNESCO Chairholder
E-Mail address - subcomunica(at)ilcg.gov.co
Work Phone - 57 1 342 5000
Fax - 57 1 284 5353
Street - Calle de la Esperanza, Candelaria Calle 10 nº 4-21
City - Santafé de Bogotá
Country - Colombia