UNESCO Chair in Culture and Development (366), established in 2002, at Centro Nacional de Superación para la Cultura, La Havane (Cuba).
Culture and Development.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to enhance capacity-building for a cultural approach to development planning as well as for cultural policy and management in Cuba.
- To promote, through regional training, research, information and documentation activities the network of UNESCO Chairs in Latin America and the Caribbean, focusing mainly on interactions between culture and development, cultural policies and development, cultural research and statistics, cultural economics, legislation concerning culture, cultural industries, administration and management in arts and culture as well as management of leisure, including cultural tourism.
- It shall in particular cooperate with other UNESCO Chairs concerned with cultural policy and cultural management with a view to promoting the international network of UNESCO Chairs in cultural policies and cultural management (NETCULT).
- Centro Nacional de Superación para la Cultura, La Havane. Website
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Culture, UNESCO Habana.
- Progress report 2006 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO Chair in Culture and Development.
Msc. Yamile Deriche Redondo, Centro Nacional de Superación para la cultura
Coordinadora de la Cátedra y Directora de la institución
E-Mail address - yamile(at)cnsc.cult.cu
Work Phone - (537) 838-2301
Fax - (537) 838- 2301
Street - 15 no. 754 entre 2 y Paseo. Vedado, Municipio Plaza
City - Ciudad de la Habana
Country - Cuba