UNESCO Chair in Culture of Peace (577), established in 2000 at the Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador (Ecuador).
Culture of Peace.
- The purpose of the UNESCO Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of the culture of peace.
- It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- The objective of the UNESCO Chair will be, through inter- and transdisciplinary programmes, to help to generate, preserve and strengthen a culture of peace through education, research and consciousness-raising, based on the principles of humanism and the ideals enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Constituent Charter of the United Nations University for Peace.
- Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador. Website
In collaboration with
- Consejo Nacional de Universidades y Escuelas Politécnicas “CONUEP", Dr. Medardo Mora Solórzano, President.
UNESCO Sector/Field Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Arq. Mario Solís Guerrero, Fundación Vida Integral
E-Mail address - coligiointegral(at)andinanet.net
Work Phone - 5932 33 01 45/33 15 78
Fax - 5932 33 075
Street - Valle de los Chillos. Sangolquí. Sector Salcoto C.P. 17-12
City - Quito
Postal Code - 553
Country - Equateur