UNESCO-Commonwealth Regional Chair in Education and HIV/AIDS (659), established in 2004 at the University of the West Indies (Jamaica).
Education, community health, sociology of education, health economics, health education, and sustainable development.
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the fields of education, community health, sociology of education, health economics, health education, and sustainable development.
- To facilitate collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Jamaica and elsewhere in the Caribbean and Latin America, and in other regions of the world. The Chair will give a leadership role to the premier institution of higher education in the Caribbean region in respect of the education sector's response to HIV/AIDS. It is the first regional UNESCO Chair in this field. It is also the first Chair to be jointly sponsored by UNESCO and the Commonwealth Secretariat.
- The University of the West Indies. Website
- Commonwealth Secretariat. Website
UNESCO Sector / Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, UNESCO Kingston Office
- Progress Report 2006 (short version)
Activities of the UNESCO-Commonwealth Regional Chair in Education and HIV/AIDS (659).
Mr David Plummer, University of the West Indies, School of Education
E-Mail address - dplummer(at)fhe.uwi.tt
Work Phone - (+1868) 662 2002 (ext 3800/3801)
Cellular Phone - (+1868) 795 3219
City - St Augustine
Country - Trinidad & Tobago