UNESCO Chair in Migration, Development and Human Rights (995), established in 2012 at the Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas (Mexico)
Migration, human rights.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- reframe the debate on migration, development and human rights with a comprehensive, inclusive and more balanced perspective;
- promote a North-South/South-South dialogue and an alternative agenda on the subject;
- develop strategic indicators for the assessment of the relationship between migration, development and human rights;
- actively participate in the Global Forum on Migration and Development and other pertinent international events, in order to contribute to the formulation of mainstream policies in the field, capable of shifting the debate from national security concerns to human rights, development and international cooperation issues; and
- cooperate closely with UNESCO on relevant programmes and activities.
Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas (Mexico)
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences; UNESCO Office in Mexico
Contact: Dr Raúl Delgado Wise, Chairholder
Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas
Jardin Juárez 147, Centro Histórico
Zacatecas, Zac., C.P. 98000
Fax: (52) 492-899-6945