UNAMAZ Amazonian Universities Association (319), established in 1993 at the CENAMB, Central University of Venezuela (Venezuela).
Education (incl. distance education, teacher education, science education); Science and technology for Amazonian development; Scientific and technological information; Sustainable development (incl. environment and human population); Health and tropical medicine; Culture and development.
- To develop twinning and other linking arrangements between the institutions of higher education in the Amazonian region.
- To develop sub regional co-operation networks in specific fields like Education (including Distance Education, Teacher Education, Science Education), Science and Technology for Amazonian Development, Scientific and Technological Information, Sustainable Development (including Environment and Human Population), Health and Tropical Medicine, Culture and Development.
- To develop centres of excellence for specialized training and advanced research by agreement among the participating institutions, and with the international support. These centres can assist in bridging national frontiers with regard to training and research needs.
- To foster the participation of outstanding specialists in the activities of UNAMAZ.
- Some 80 higher education institutions from the Amazonian sub region ( 8 Countries: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela).
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Education, IESALC; UNESCO Office in Quito.
Dr. Giuseppe Gianetto, Universidad Central de Venezuela
President of UNAMAZ (UNAMAZ Amazonian Universities Association)
E-Mail address - unamaz(at)camelot.rect.ucv.ve
Work Phone - (58 212) 662 80 31 / 662 10 29
Fax - (58 212) 662 80 31 / 662 10 29
Street - Quinta CENAMB Entre Calle Gil Fortul y Simón Planas Santa Mónica, Apartado Postal 17.530
City - Caracas
Postal Code - 1010
Country - Venezuela