UNESCO Chair for Development Studies (280), established in 1995 at the Central University of Venezuela (Venezuela).
- To promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities focusing mainly on the analysis of the multiple relations between economic, socio-political, cultural, scientific, technological and ecological spheres affecting development programmes
- To act as a platform to foster policy dialogue between the social actors concerned (State, local authorities, businesses, trade unions, scientific communities, NGOs, etc.) and help in policy formulation.
- To sensitize public opinion, researchers and decision-makers to the most appropriate policies and programmes in the field of sustainable development.
- To facilitate collaboration between high-level internationally recognized researchers, the research team of the University, and other institutions in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
- Central University of Venezuela. Website
- Venezuela: Instituto de Estudios Avanzados (Venezuela).
- Universidad Simon Bolivar (Venezuela).
- Comisión Presidencial para la Reforma del Estado (Venezuela).
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences; UNESCO Office in Quito.
Prof. Heinz R. Sonntag, Centro de Estudios del Desarrollo, Universidad Central de Venezuela
Work Phone - 582 242 14 16
Fax - 582 241 37 77
Street - Apartado Postal 6622, Colinas de Bello Monte
City - Caracas 1010-A
Country - Venezuela