International conference on "50 Years of Education and Awareness-Raising for Shaping the Future of the Oceans and Coasts", Russian State Hydrometeorological University.
An international conference on shaping the future of the world's oceans and coasts will be held in the Russian State Hydrometeorological University, St Petersburg, from 27 to 30 April 2010.
The conference, 50 Years of Education and Awareness-Raising for Shaping the future of the Oceans and Coasts, which is included in the list of events of events of events of the IOC 50th Anniversary Activities, will include the following panels and round tables:
- Panel 1 Role of international organizations in fostering and improving education and training services to society in the area of environmental sciences.
- Panel 2 Present and future of education and training development in the area of marine sciences with the attention to the role of science in sustainable development and related issues.
- Panel 3 Educational technology and modern methods of education for the development of national and regional potential for the support of marine sciences and observations.
- Panel 4 Management and funding of educational and training processes.
- Panel 5 Awareness raising of the importance of marine research and protection of marine environment on a scientific basis.
In addition there will be a Students' Round Table and poster session.
Organizing committee and Contact
UNESCO Chair in Remote Sensing and Modeling in Oceanography, Russian State Hydrometeorological University