Fondo Internacional para la Diversidad Cultural
¿Quien puede aplicar?
The beneficiaries of the Fund are developing and least-developed countries thatch are Parties to the Convention. Therefore, those who are eligible to apply to the Fund are:
- all developing countries that are Parties to the Convention.
- all State Parties to the Convention that have determined the existence of special situations on their territory in conformity with Articles 8 and 17 of the Convention and related operational guidelines;
- non-governmental organizations from developing countries that are Parties to the Convention, which meet the definition of civil society as mentioned in the Operational guidelines relating to the role and participation of civil society;
- international non-governmental organizations, which meet the definition of civil society as mentioned in the operational guidelines relating to the role and participation of civil society, and which present projects with impact at the sub-regional, regional or inter-regional level;
- representatives of vulnerable groups and other social groups identified in Article 7 of the 2005 Convention (i.e. women and other social groups, including persons belonging to minorities and indigenous peoples) from developing countries that are Parties to the 2005 Convention.
For the purposes of this Convention, civil society is defined as:
non-governmental organizations, nonprofit organizations, professionals in the culture sector and associated sectors, groups that support the work of artists and cultural communities.
Criteria identified in the Operational Guidelines on civil society are:
civil society have interests and activities in one or more fields covered by the Convention; they have a legal status in compliance with the established rules of the jurisdiction in the country of registration; they are representative of their respective field of activity, or of the respective social or professional groups they represent.