UNESCO Chair in Peace and Conflict Studies (833), established in 2008 at Prince of Songkla University (Thailand). Uniquement disponible en anglais.
Peace and conflict studies, social and human sciences.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation activities in the field of social and human studies at the Institute of Peace Studies. It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Thailand.
The objective of its activities shall be:
- To promote capacity and knowledge for peace education in the South East Asian region;
- To promote understanding and dialogue between peoples of diverse cultures and faiths;
- To promote understanding and collaboration among institutions and individuals working in the area of peace and conflict studies in the region;
- To promote peace in Southern Thailand through collaborative efforts with likeminded partners in the region, especially with the UNESCO Chair in Peace and Conflict Studies at the Research and Education for Peace Unit at the University Sains Malaysia;
- To advocate peace values and peaceful means of resolving conflicts;
- To contribute to peace in the South East Asia region through sustainable and comprehensive peace-building efforts.
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Dr Virasakdi Chongsuvivatwong, Epidemiology Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University
Courriel - cvirasak(at)medicine.psu.ac.th
Télécopieur - +66 74 212-900/+66-74-212-903
Rue - Hat Yai 90112
Ville - Songkla
Code postal - 90110
Pays - Thailand