Royaume-Uni de Grande-Bretagne et d'Irlande du Nord
UNESCO Chair in African Peace and Conflict Studies (818), established in 2008 at the University of Bradford (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland).
Education for Peace, African Peace and Conflict Studies.
- The purpose of the Chair shall be to promote an integrated system of research, training, information and documentation in the field of African peace and conflict studies. It will serve as a means of facilitating collaboration between high-level, internationally recognized researchers and teaching staff of the University and other institutions in Africa, United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe and North America, and in other regions of the world.
The specific objectives of this Chair are to:
- undertake staff development training programmes in peace pedagogy at partner universities;
- develop curriculum contents, teaching and resource materials on development and peace studies for integration into the existing curricula of partner universities;
- systematise and manage the Africa Centre’s existing inter-university links in Africa; and
- research and publish a seminal book on Education for Peace in Africa.
- University of Bradford (U.K.). Website
UNESCO Sector/Office responsible for the Chair/Network
Social and Human Sciences.
Prof. David Francis, University of Bradford
UNESCO Chairholder, Director of Africa Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies
Courriel - d.j.francis(at)bradford.ac.uk
Téléphone - travail - +44 (0)1274 23 5298
Télécopieur - +44 (0) 1274 235240
Rue - Richmond Road, West Yorkshire
Ville - Bradford
Code postal - BD7 1DP
Pays - U.K.