Promoting an environment conducive to freedom of expression and media development
Back to top
- Improvements in the enabling environment for press freedom;
- Strengthening the safety of journalists in Africa;
- Strengthening capacities of media institutions and professionals in Africa;
- Promoting and strengthening community media as enablers of the free flow of information for development.
- Creating policy and regulatory conditions conducive to press freedom;
- Enhancing national, regional and international advocacy for the protection of journalists against impunity;
- Training a critical mass of media professionals in key fields of Africa’s development;
- Empowering community radio initiatives in Africa through a supportive policy and regulatory environment;
- Promoting universal access and preservation of information and knowledge.