Education for All 2015 Review for the Arab States inter-agency meeting Beirut
An inter-agency coordination meeting on EFA 2015 Review was held in UNESCO Beirut Regional Office on 8 March 2013 as follow-up to the EFA Regional Forum for the Arab States (Sharm El Sheikh, 15-16 October 2012).
The overall objective of the meeting was to plan for regional activities and events for the coming two years. The specific expected results were:
• Agree on the content of the EFA regional report and deadlines for its development;
• Integrate the ARAIEQ program as qualitative inputs to the regional EFA report;
• Plan for the organization of the EFA regional Conference in 2014;
• Agree on roles and responsibilities of the EFA partners in the EFA 2015 Review.
The meeting was attended by representatives from ABEGS, ALECSO, the Arab Campaign for Education/CCNGO-EFA, UNESCO, UNICEF and the World Bank. The meeting was also attended by the main pillars of the joint ALECSO-World Bank project, the “Arab Regional Agenda for Improving Education Quality Program” (ARAEIQ). These included, in addition to UNESCO, representatives from Arab Resource Collective (ARC), INJAZ Al Arab and Queen Rania Teacher Academy.
The next steps
• Finalizing the regional report template based on the agencies’ feedback.
• The regional EFA report should be finalized by mid 2014.
• The Regional EFA Conference will be held between June and December 2014.
• The EFA partners are requested to share costs for its organization.
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Beirut