Vacancy announcement: Project Coordinator
The UNESCO Office in Kathmandu is implementing various education project, in close cooperation with the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education, the National Planning Commission, and the Nepal National Commission for UNESCO.
In order to coordinate the implementation of the project, the Office seeks applications from qualified Nepali candidates for the following position:
Position Title : Project coordinator
Condition of Employment : Full-time based in UNESCO Kathmandu Office, with frequent field visits
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Salary scale : SB 3, Band C, Step 2
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall coordinate the implementation of the project, under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Office in Kathmandu and UNESCO Representative to Nepal, and direct supervision of National Programme Officer (Education).
In particular, s/he shall:
1. Assist in the detail planning of project activities;
2. Ensure day-to-day implementation of project activities;
3. Liaise with project stakeholders;
4. Ensure reporting and evaluation;
5. Organize the project documentation;
6. Contribute to the outreach of the project.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
1) Master’s degree or equivalent preferably in education;
2) 2-3 years of experience of working in the area of education, human rights, political sciences and/or international development, preferably with a UN agency, an INGO or a Government of Nepal entity;
3) 2 years of experience of working in project planning and management;
4) Good knowledge in the following areas:
a) Initiatives of different agencies in the area of adolescent girls education
b) Education system in Nepal;
c) UNESCO’s action in education
d) Sustainable development goals;
5) Project planning, management and evaluation skills;
6) Sound knowledge of IT skills required including word processing, data management, presentation software and other relevant professional software;
7) Very good written and oral communication skills in Nepali and English;
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application including a motivation letter in English and the completed UNESCO CV form, accompanied by a recent passport size photograph and copies of diplomas indicating the ‘Position Title’ to the following address NOT LATER THAN 07 July 2016:
UNESCO Representative to Nepal
UNESCO Office in Kathmandu
P.O. Box 14391
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a test and/or interview.
The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
The Application form (CV UNESCO Form) is available for downloading in the right side column under Files.
<- Back to: UNESCO Office in Beirut