Non-violence Education in Brazil
More than a subject, Non-Violence has to be an attitude within the whole teaching practice, involving the entire staff of the school, parents and the surrounding community in a common, shared endeavour.
Best practices in Brazil:
- Criança Esperança Programme
- Generation XXI project (external link in Portuguese)
- Ibeji Project - Actions for the rejection of violence
- "Like You" Campaign against prejudice
- Open Schools Programme: education and culture for peace
- People that Makes Peace Programme (external link in Portuguese)
- Premio Escola: incentive to prevent DST/Aids and Drug Use (external link in Portuguese)
- Science for Peace and Development Contest (external link in Portuguese)
- Solidary School Seal (external link in Portuguese)
For additional information, please visit UNESCO website on Non-violence Education.