Social and Human Sciences & Peace
In Tunisia, a gender-sensitive training manual on democracy that targets young women and men between 18 to 24 years of age was developed in a participatory manner with the support of national and international experts, young people and representatives of civil society. The manual is in the form of 20 worksheets and was developed for young students as well as NGOs, associations and youth committees.
- Coalition des villes arabes contre le racisme et la discrimination : français, arabe
- Coalition africaine des villes contre le racisme et la discrimination
- Call for a Coalition of Cities against Racism and Discrimination in Asia and the Pacific
- European Coalition of Cities against Racism
- Coalition of Latin America, and Caribbean Cities against Racism, Discrimination and Xenophobia
- Canadian Coalition of Municipalities against Racism and Discrimination
- International Coalition of Cities Against Racism - Report of Good Practices
- Youth Development and Violence Prevention. The Central American Experience
- Building Knowledge: Conceptual Framework and Methodology for the Open School Programme: Education and Culture for Peace
- Peace and Democracy: Benchmarking
- Ethics education: a challenge for international cooperation
- Cultural Rights in the Maghreb and Egypt
- Asian-Arab Philosophical Dialogues on Culture of Peace and Human Dignity, Darryl R.J. Macer (Ed.). 2011, Bangkok: UNESCO Bangkok, 2011, 260 p.
- Asian-Arab Philosophical Dialogues on War and Peace, Darryl R.J.Macer and Souria Saad-Zoy (Editors). 2010. Bangkok, Regional Unit for Social and Human Sciences in Asia and the Pacific (RUSHSAP), UNESCO Bangkok, v + 119p.
- Inter-Regional Philosophical Dialogues: Democracy and Social Justice in Asia and the Arab World
- Education for a Culture of Peace in a Gender Perspective
- Women and Peace in Africa: Case Studies on Traditional Conflict Resolution Practices
- Male Roles, Masculinities and Violence: A Culture of Peace Perspective
- Young People and the Dialogue among Civilizations, Cultures, and Peoples: Intercultural and Interfaith Dialogue to Ensure Peace; Cyprus; 2006
Prepared by the Jerusalem Institute for Israeli Studies (JIIS), in cooperation with the International Palestinian Cooperation Center (IPCC) –, offers a critical analysis of the initiatives for dialogue and cooperation between Israeli and Palestinian NGOs. It compiles an Israeli report, a Palestinian report, a joint report and the findings of a workshop organized by JIIS in spring 2006. This publication is available in English and Hebrew
It presents the main non-governmental organizations and their level of engagement in dialogue. This book, which contains a report by the Center for Multiculturalism and Educational Research of Haifa University and a report by the Institute for Community Partnership of Bethlehem University, has been compiled by the Palestinian Center for the Dissemination of Democracy and Community Development (Panorama).
- Proposed Guiding Principles for Israeli/Palestinian Academic Cooperation: Translating the Shared Adherence to Academic Freedom into Action.
Prepared by Panorama Center (now the Center of Democracy and Community Development) and by The Harry S. Truman Institute for the Advancement of Peace. It presents a project of guiding principles for dialogue and cooperation to enable the establishment of academic and intellectual cooperation between Israeli and Palestinian institutions with the goal of envisaging together a shared future through dialogue and research. Arabic and Hebrew versions are also available.
- Cooperative Peace in Southeast Asia, UNESCO/ASEAN, 1999
- Human Security, Conflict Prevention and Peace, Proceedings of the Expert Meeting on ‘Peace, Human Security and Conflict Prevention in Latin America and the Caribbean’, Santiago, Chile, November 2001. UNESCO/FLACSO-Chile, 2002. Spanish, English
- Peace, Human Security and Conflict Prevention in Africa, Proceedings of the UNESCO–ISS Expert Meeting held in Pretoria, South Africa, 23–24 July 2001, UNESCO-ISS, 2001
- Human Security: Approaches and Challenges, UNESCO, 2008 English, Français
- La violence et ses causes : où en sommes-nous ? Editions UNESCO, 2005 -Français, English
- Tecendo redes de paz (CD-ROM, DVD); UNESCO-sponsored programmes and publications, Publ: 2007; 1 CD-ROM, 1 DVD*.
- Open school: a step-by-step guide for implementation of the Open School Programme: education and culture for peace; Open school: step-by-step guide to implement the Open School Programme: education and culture for peace
- Open school collection: how-to-do series; 3, Publ: 2009; 92 p., illus.
- Cultura de paz: da reflexão à ação. Balanço da Década Internacional da Promoção da Cultura de Paz e Não Violência em Benefício das Crianças do Mundo Diskin, Lia; Noleto, Marlova Jovchelovitch, Publ: 2010; 256 p., illus
- Carta de Brasília: por uma escola sem violências, Ibero American Congress on Violence in Schools; Brasilia; 2004, UNESCO-sponsored programmes and publications, Publ: 2004; 3 p.
- Mídia e violência urbana no Brasil - Nepomuceno, Carlos; Rocha, José Carlos; Ghilhon, Orlando José Ferreira; Santos, SebastiãoPubl: 2008; 92 p.; BR/2007/PI/H/19.
- Escola da Família: espaços de paz; oficinas, um convite para refletir e agir pela paz - Costa, Adriano, UNESCO-sponsored programmes and publications, Publ: 2005; 252 p.
- Esporte e cultura de paz - Tubino, Manoel José Gomes; Silva, Kenia Maynard da, UNESCO-sponsored programmes and publications, Publ: 2006; 122 p.
- Geração da paz: em um mundo de conflitos e violências - UNESCO-sponsored programmes and publications, Publ: 2005; 1 videocassette (54 min.), NTSC + 1 v. (134 p., illus.).
- Seminário Internacional (sobre) Cidades Educadoras contra a Exclusão e pela Paz, Curitiba, de 1 a 4 de setembro de 1996: Anais - UNESCO-sponsored programmes and publications, Publ: 1996; 124 p.
- Com saúde, sem violência - UNESCO-sponsored programmes and publications, Publ: 1999; 36 p.
- Políticas públicas e estratégias de atendimento socioeducativo ao adolescente em conflito com a lei - UNESCO-sponsored programmes and publications, Publ: 1998; 114 p.
- Writing peace: one hundred selected composition compilation from the Composition Contest for Brazilian College Students - Publ: 2004; 378 p.