As a less developed country, Yemen faces several problems where it comes to its educational system. One of the major problems of ECCE, for the young population ages 0 to 6, is that they present 26% of the population of Yemen. With an annual growth rate of 3.5%, this is considered one of the highest growth rates worldwide.
The project objectives are:
- To help set up a comprehensive national strategy for ECCE in Yemen
- Developing a modern curriculum for pre-school children
- Providing training packages to national teachers and administrative staff (TOT)
- Establish and equip training center for training pre-school teachers and furnishing a model kindergarten
- Create a database on childhood sector in Yemen