The Arab Water Strategy and Action Plan Addressing Scarce Water Resources Management
Within UNESCO Cairo Office (UCO) efforts towards improving the integrated water resources management policies and strategies in the Arab region with special focus on developing tools and applications for strengthening policies for water management in the Arab region, the following activities have been successfully undertaken and progressing towards the implementation of the excepted results:
- Preparation and production of the Groundwater Operational Management toolkit
- Desalination Research Support.
- Finalization of digital Encyclopedia for the water resource s in the Arab region in joint collaboration with the Arab Water Council
- Organization of the G-Wadi meeting and Flash Flood Risk Management Expert Group meeting, Cairo, Egypt; 24-27 September 2010.
- Co-sponsor the organization of the First Arab Forum towards Developing Strategies in the fields of: Cancer Control, Renewable Energy, Water Resources Management 23-24 Junes 2010 Cairo, Egypt
- Steering Committee meeting of the Arab Network on Environmental Ethics, Tunis, Tunisia; 6-8 December 2010
- The Expert Group meeting on Groundwater Operational Management in the Arab region, Abu-Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; 22-25 January 2011
- Support the Initiation of the International Water Technology Journal.
- Water Diplomacy Concept Paper.
- First Sub regional meeting on the use of the Environment Education Kits, Dubai, United Arab Emirate, 26-27 April 2011
- Expert group meeting on Arab G-Wadi Network Muscat, Oman; 18-21 June 2011.
- Darfur International Conference on Water for Sustainable, Khartoum, Sudan; 27-28 June 2011.
- Support the Second Arab Water Forum, Cairo, Egypt; 20-23 November 2011.
- Training Workshop on Numerical Groundwater Flow Modeling Using MODFLOW, 14-18 Nov. 2011, Tunis, Tunisia.