The importance of bioethics training for medical professionals and scientific researchers is well recognized in the Arab region. However, teaching bioethics is still new in this region. Therefore, there is a strong need to establish bioethics courses in many medical schools, nursing schools, and Universities.
In order to promote bioethics education in the region, UNESCO is establishing a network of teachers and institutions teaching bioethics courses in the region. UNESCO also has several publications that can be used as teaching materials.
- Bioethics Core curriculum-Section 1: Syllabus Ethics Education Programme (English / French / Arabic)
- IBC report on Informed Consent (English)
- Informed Consent (English / Arabic)
- Human Cloning:Ethical Issues (English / French / Arabic)
- Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights (1997) (English / French / Arabic)
- International Declaration on Human Genetic Data (2003) (English / French / Arabic)
- Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights (2005) (English / French / Arabic)