Regional Centre for Information and Communication Technology, Manama, Bahrain
The Centre strives to contribute to the development of the Arab region, by harnessing the power of ICTs for creating capacity in knowledge sharing and acquisition, through the establishment of a knowledge hub for the six Member States of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC) and Yemen.
The functions of the Centre will be tailored to contribute to the use of ICTs in knowledge acquisition and sharing for fostering sustainable development. In particular, it will be a:
- laboratory of ideas for developing strategic plans, policies and practices, through the networking of regional professionals, including the organization of face-to-face meetings and the establishment of virtual community of practices in the area of its competence;
- clearing house on theories, experiences and best practices in the area of the application of ICTs for knowledge sharing and acquisition worldwide;
- capacity-builder, providing education and training for trainers in the areas related to capacity-building in ICTs for knowledge sharing and acquisition, including system development, applications development, computer literacy and information literacy;
- research centre for developing and coordinating cooperative research on technology solutions for knowledge acquisition and sharing;
- technology hub, providing state-of-the-art computing infrastructure in order to advance large-scale data-processing applications, scientific research and high-performance computing.
Centre contact information
- Mr Meshaal Albardooli
Regional Centre for Information and Communication Technology (CICT)
Gulf Hotel-Gulf Executive Offices
Building 15, Road 3801, Block 338
11thFloor, Office 114
P.O. Box 43
Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain