Back to top
- The winner of the first prize of the 1989 international architectural competition is the Norwegian architectural firm of Snohetta. The Consortium Consultant Snohetta/Hamza was contracted in October 1993 for the design, implementation and construction supervision of the Project.
- Foundation execution works began in January, 1995.
- Training of manpower resources and book acquisitions are parallel activities continuing to be implementated.
- Book contributions have been received from individuals and governments from around the world. The Bibliotheca Alexandrina requests the international community to respond to UNESCO's appeal for active particiation in terms of monetary and in-kind contributions.
- Several seminars and symposia have been organized for experts and scholars to contribute with their thoughts and ideas for the Bibliotheca Alexandrina.