First WSIS+10 Review Event - February 2013
UNESCO hosted the 1st WSIS+10 Review meeting "Towards inclusive Knowledge Societies for Peace and Sustainable Development", Paris, 25-27 February 2013.
As the host of the WSIS+10 Review Event, UNESCO, together with its partners, addressed the major challenges in building Knowledge Societies for sustainable development. This first multi-stakeholder review event looked at the WSIS Action Lines’ achievements, and analyzed recent developments as well as forecasts. Recommendations were also made to the post-2015 process.
Post-2015 Development Agenda
UN Group on the Information Society
UNESCO, together with other UN agencies, OECD and the World Bank, coordinates international ICT initiatives.
During the WSIS Forum 2013 The United Nations Group on the Information Society (UNGIS), chaired by UNESCO, adopted the joint statement on the Post-2015 Development Agenda process in consultation with all 30 UNGIS members.
UNESCO at the IGF Indonesia
The 8th Internet Governance Forum (IGF) on "Building Bridges - Enhancing Multistakeholder Cooperation for Growth and Sustainable Development" took place in Bali, Indonesia from 22 to 25 October 2013.
The following meetings were hosted by UNESCO in cooperation with its partners:
- 24 October, 9:00 - 10:30
Protecting journalists, bloggers and media actors in digital age
- 24 October, 11:00 - 12:30
Building Bridges to Online Multilingualism
- 25 October, 9:00 - 10:30
Internet Universality: towards an Internet free and right based, open, accessible for all, and multi-stakeholders driven
- 25 October, 11:00 - 12:30
UNESCO Open Forum
UNESCO at the WSIS Forum 2013
The 5th edition of WSIS Forum took place at ITU headquarters, in Geneva, Switzerland from 13 to 17 May 2013.
- C7 E-learning: ''Technology, Broadband and Education: Advancing the Education for All Agenda, Broadband Commission Report''
- C9 Media: ''Internet Universality: Conceptualizing evolving mediascape and updating strategies for post-2015''
- C3 Access, C7 E-science, C8 Cultural and language diversity, C10 Ethical dimensions of the Information Society: ''UNESCO's continued Action Line facilitation: Presenting action taken and listening to stakeholders''
- Plenary: WSIS+10 Visioning