UNESCO’s participation in the 7th IGF meeting, in Baku, Azerbaijan, 6-9 November
UNESCO hosted following meetings:
- 6 November, 14:30-16:00
WS 126 "EURid/UNESCO World Report on IDN Deployment 2012 – opportunities and challenges associated with IDNs and online multilingualism"
- 6 November, 16:30 - 18:00
WS 203 "Information Ethics and Internet Governance - Identity, design and preservation"
- 7 November, 9:00 - 10:30
WS 59 "Internet privacy and freedom of expression: UNESCO launches a global survey on legal frameworks"
- 8 November, 14:30 - 16:00
UNESCO Open Forum "Digital preservation and multilingualism"
WSIS +10 Review
UNESCO hosts the 1st WSIS Review meeting "Towards inclusive Knowledge Societies for Peace and Sustainable Development", Paris, 25-27 February 2013
UNESCO at the IGF Nairobi
At the IGF Nairobi meeting held from 27 to 28 November 2011, Mr Jānis Kārkliņš, the Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information, made an opening speech.
UNESCO organized an open forum and following workshops:
- "Free flow of information and social networks: a role for democracy and social participation"
- "Economic Aspects of Local Content Creation and Local Internet Infrastructure"
- "Addressing some unintended consequences of participation in the digital environment"
UNESCO at the WSIS Forum 2012
The 4th edition of WSIS Forum took place at ILO headquarters, in Geneva, Switzerland from 14 to 18 May 2012.
- 2013 WSIS +10 Event consultation meeting
- WSIS KC - Knowledge Communities Briefing
- C3 Access "Innovative use of ICTs for Accessible Education"
- C7 E-learning "Mobile Learning: Cellphones, tablets, digital textbooks, and what’s more?"
- C7 E-Science "ICTs driving Sciences"
- C8 Cultural and language diversity "The relationship between Local content, Internet Development and Access Prices"
- C9 Media "Freedom of Expression on Internet and Social media"
- C10 Ethical dimensions of the Information Society”Cyber and Information ethics: Fostering and enabling freedom on the Internet"