Second consultation meeting on Action Line C10 ''Ethical dimensions of the Information Society''
21 May 2007, Geneva, Switzerland
"The Information Society should be subject to universally held values and promote the common good and to prevent abusive uses of ICTs."
In accordance with the results of the first multistakeholder consultation held in October 2006 in Paris, which assigned UNESCO a role as the facilitator for the implementation of the Action Line C10, UNESCO organizes the second multistakeholder consultation on C10 on 25 May 2007 at ITU in Geneva.
The main objectives of the meeting are to:
- present concrete projects and initiatives that have been carried out aiming at implementing the action lines
- initiate joint ventures between stakeholders
- determine parameters for organizing the team work
In order to stimulate the discussion, have a clearer idea of the different points to the agenda prior to the meeting and to provide a forum to discuss projects and initiatives to be presented during the meeting, a forum has been made available.
- Agenda for C10
- Digital Identity Management
- Draft summary report of the facilitation meeting on Action Line C10