1st consultation meeting on WSIS Action Line C3
16 October 2006, UNESCO Headquarters (Room IV), Paris, France
UNESCO is one of the lead facilitating agencies for the implementation of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Action Lines. In accordance with the Tunis Agenda for the Information Society and the consultation of possible Action Line Moderators/Facilitators of 24 February 2006 in Geneva, which assigned UNESCO a role as an interim focal point for several Action Lines, UNESCO organizes the first multistakeholder consultation on Action Line C3 on 16 October 2006 at UNESCO Headquarters (Room IV) in Paris, France.
The main objectives of the meeting are to:
- facilitate the initial contacts and sharing of information among multistakeholders on their priorities and expertise in the implementation of the Action Line;
- consolidate a team of stakeholders for the Action Line;
- designate facilitator(s)/moderator(s) for the multistakeholder team;
- agree on the working methods of the multistakeholder team including its activities and expected outcome.
- Draft Terms of Reference for functioning of the multistakeholder team
- List of participants
- Provisional agenda
- Summary Report
- Working methods of the C3 multi-stakeholder team