Second consultation on Action Line C3
23 May 2007 (10 am -1 pm), ITU (Room K, Montbrillant Building), Geneva, Switzerland
"ICTs allow people, anywhere in the world, to access information and knowledge almost instantaneously. Individuals, organizations and communities should benefit from access to knowledge and information."
In accordance with the results of the first multistakeholder consultation held in October 2006 in Paris, which assigned UNESCO a role as the facilitator for the implementation of the Action Line C3, UNESCO organizes the second multistakeholder consultation on C3 on 23 May 2007 at ITU in Geneva.
The main objectives of the meeting are to:
- present concrete projects and initiatives that have been carried out aiming at implementing the action lines
- initiate joint ventures between stakeholders
- determine parameters for organizing the team work
In order to stimulate the discussion, have a clearer idea of the different points to the agenda prior to the meeting and to provide a forum to discuss projects and initiatives to be presented during the meeting, a forum has been made available.
- Agenda for C3
- Annex 4 and 5 to the Draft ToR of the platform for C3
- Draft summary report of the facilitation meeting on Action Line C3
- ITU and Access to Information and Knowledge