Second consultation on Action Line C7 " E-science"
21 May 2007 (3 - 6 pm), Palais des Nations (Room XXVII), Geneva, Switzerland
"ICT applications can support sustainable development, in the fields of public administration, business, education and training, health, employment, environment, agriculture and science within the framework of national e-strategies. This would include actions within the following sectors: E-government, E-business, E-learning, E-health, E-employment, E-environment, E-agriculture and E-science."
In accordance with the results of the first multistakeholder consultation held in October 2006 in Beijing, which assigned UNESCO a role as the facilitator for the implementation of the Action Line C7 "E-science", UNESCO organizes the second multistakeholder consultation on C7 "E-science" on 21 May 2007 at ITU in Geneva.
The main objectives of the meeting are to:
- present concrete projects and initiatives that have been carried out aiming at implementing the action lines
- initiate joint ventures between stakeholders
- determine parameters for organizing the team work
A forum has been made available in order to stimulate the discussion, have a clearer idea of the different points to the agenda prior to the meeting and to provide a forum to discuss projects and initiatives to be presented during the meeting.
- Agenda for C7 "E-science"
- Draft summary report of the facilitation meeting on Action Line C7 "E-Science"
- WSIS Stocktaking Exercise for C7 "E-science"