Second consultation meeting on Action Line C8 “Cultural Diversity and Identity, Linguistic Diversity and Local Content”
24 May 2007 (10 am - 1 pm), ITU (Room K, Montbrillant Building), Geneva, Switzerland
"Cultural and linguistic diversity, while stimulating respect for cultural identity, traditions and religions, is essential to the development of an Information Society based on the dialogue among cultures and regional and international cooperation. It is an important factor for sustainable development."
In accordance with the results of the first multistakeholder consultation held in May 2006 in Geneva, which assigned UNESCO a role as the facilitator for the implementation of the Action Line C8, UNESCO organizes the second multistakeholder consultation on C8 on 24 May 2007 at ITU in Geneva.
The main objectives of the meeting are to:
- present concrete projects and initiatives that have been carried out aiming at implementing the action lines
- initiate joint ventures between stakeholders
- determine parameters for organizing the team work
A forum has been made available in order to stimulate the discussion, have a clearer idea of the different points to the agenda prior to the meeting and to provide a forum to discuss projects and initiatives to be presented during the meeting.
- Draft summary report of the facilitation meeting on Action Line C8
- Agenda for C8
- Information on the sub-moderators for the C8 sub-themes