UNESCO in the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
The World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) resulted in the creation of the multistakeholder Internet Governance Forum – an annual forum in which international agencies, governments, Internet professionals, business and civil society organizations can explore, on equal footing, the development on the Internet and its interaction with other area of public policy.
All the information regarding the mandate of the IGF, the IGF Multistakeholder Advisory Group members, and the meetings are available on the IGF website.
UNESCO’s contributions to the forums:
- The eighth IGF@Bali 2013 - "Building Bridges - Enhancing Multistakeholder Cooperation for Growth and Sustainable Development"
- The seventh IGF@Baku 2012 - Internet Governance for Sustainable Human, Economic and Social Development
- The sixth IGF@Nairobi 2011 - "Internet as a catalyst for change: access, development, freedoms and innovation"
- The fifth IGF@Vilnius 2010 "'IGF 2010 – developing the future together"
- The fourth IGF@Sharm-El-Sheikh2009 – “Internet Governance – Creating Opportunities for All”
- The third IGF@Hyderabad 2008 – “Internet for All”
- The second IGF@Rio de Janeiro2007 – “Internet Governance for Development”
- The first IGF@Athens 2006 – “Internet Governance for Development”