Add a description here
Sida is a government agency working on behalf of the Swedish parliament and government, with the mission to reduce poverty in the world and to implement the Swedish development policy.
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is implementing a project strengthening freedom of expression and democracy in countries spread across the Middle East, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
The forthcoming study World Trends in Freedom of Expression and Media Development, produced with support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), looks at developments in media freedom, independence, pluralism and safety.
Awarded annually on World Press Freedom Day, the Prize honours a person, organization or institution that has made an outstanding contribution to the defence and/or promotion of press freedom anywhere in the world, especially when this has been achieved in the face of danger. It is supported by the Guillermo Cano Isaza Foundation and the Helsingin Foundation.
- 04-09-2014 - World Editors Forum commissioned by UNESCO to conduct study on the protection of journalists’ sources in the digital age
- 08-08-2014 - New Report for Latin America and the Caribbean Freedom of expression and media development: Where are we heading?
- 21-07-2014 - UNESCO shares its work with global communications scholars
- 11-07-2014 - UNESCO Report on Trends in Freedom of Expression Released at Capitol Hill Briefing
- 07-07-2014 - UN to discuss UNESCO report on press freedom, role of free media in the post-2015 development agenda
- 16-01-2014 - UNESCO is seeking nominations for UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2014
- 05-12-2013 - UNESCO and partners launch Global Alliance on Media and Gender
- 03-12-2013 - First steps taken towards gender-equal media at the Global Forum in Bangkok
- 29-11-2013 - Towards a Global Alliance on Media and Gender: UNESCO Global Forum to take place in Bangkok next week
- 22-11-2013 - 195 UNESCO Member States endorse the Final Statement of the first WSIS+10 Review Event
- 13-09-2013 - Online registration opens for the global forum on media and gender
- 26-06-2013 - UNESCO holds Global Forum and Conference on Media and Information Literacy
- 26-03-2013 - Universal human rights reaffirmed at WSIS+10 Review Event
- 12-03-2013 - UNESCO and partners calls for Interest in Global Forum for Partnerships on Media and Information Literacy
- 05-03-2013 - Strategy 2013-2014 to guarantee the safety of journalists
- 22-02-2013 - Two publications under UNESCO Series on Internet Freedom now available in French and Arabic
- 18-12-2012 - Helsingin Sanomat Foundation sponsors UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize
- 10-12-2012 - UNESCO launches online course in Media and Information Literacy and Intercultural Dialogue
- 05-12-2012 - Global Forum on Media and Gender: Save the date!
- 05-12-2012 - Global Forum for Partnerships on Media and Information Literacy to take place next year in Nigeria
- 26-11-2012 - Registration is now open for the First WSIS+10 Review Event
- 23-11-2012 - UN mobilizes to improve safety for journalists and fight impunity
- 22-11-2012 - 2nd UN Inter-Agency Meeting on the Safety of Journalists and the Issue of Impunity
- 09-11-2012 - UNESCO launches Global Survey on Internet Privacy and Freedom of Expression at the Internet Governance Forum
- 06-11-2012 - Vienna meeting to launch implementation of UN Action Plan on the Safety of Journalists
- 06-06-2012 - UNESCO recruits Senior Project Officer on freedom of expression
- 18-04-2012 - Sweden and UNESCO join forces to support freedom of expression in the Arab States and South Sudan