Voluntary contributions have strengthened UNESCO’s work in freedom of expression in Lebanon.
The primary objective of the European Union’s development policy is the eradication of poverty in the context of sustainable development. EU partnerships with developing countries to promote respect for human rights, peace, democracy, good governance, gender equality, the rule of law and justice.
Sida is a government agency working on behalf of the Swedish parliament and government, with the mission to reduce poverty in the world and to implement the Swedish development policy.
Financed by the European Union, the programme aims at mainstreaming youth issues and priorities across national decision-making and policy implementation in European Neighbourhood Policy South countries.
Promoting an Enabling Environment for Freedom of Expression: Global Action with Special Focus on the Arab Region
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is promoting freedom of expression, press freedom and freedom of information in the Arab region and South Sudan.
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is implementing a project strengthening freedom of expression and democracy in countries spread across the Middle East, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
- 19-02-2016 - UNESCO and Caritas open a Youth Community Centre in Qobayat
- 16-02-2016 - Model Course on the Safety of Journalists: Protecting the new generation of journalists in the Arab region
- 09-04-2014 - Lebanese and Syrian youth work together for a better future
- 15-11-2013 - Role of media in conflict
- 14-15-2013 - Press Freedom Celebration in Beirut
- 18-04-2012 - Sweden and UNESCO join forces to support freedom of expression in the Arab States and South Sudan