Syrian Arab Republic
Voluntary contributions have strengthened UNESCO’s work in freedom of expression in Syrian Arab Republic.
Financed by the European Union, the programme aims at mainstreaming youth issues and priorities across national decision-making and policy implementation in European Neighbourhood Policy South countries.
Promoting an Enabling Environment for Freedom of Expression: Global Action with Special Focus on the Arab Region
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is promoting freedom of expression, press freedom and freedom of information in the Arab region and South Sudan.
With financial support from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, UNESCO is implementing a project in the Arab region to strengthen legal and regulatory frameworks to promote freedom of expression, freedom of information, and press freedom.
- 09-04-2014 - Lebanese and Syrian youth work together for a better future
- 28-02-2014 - The Syrian Hour: Enhancing freedom of expression through radio
- 13-02-2013 - UNESCO enhances freedom of expression in the Arab region with the support of Finland
- 30-01-2013 - Finland contributes 2.3 million Euros to UNESCO for Freedom of Expression in the Arab States
- 14-11-2012 - The Syrian Hour: UNESCO supports radio programme for Syrian refugees in North Jordan
- 18-04-2012 - Sweden and UNESCO join forces to support freedom of expression in the Arab States and South Sudan