Voluntary contributions have strengthened UNESCO’s work in freedom of expression in Yemen.
Finland supports developing countries' own development efforts by means of both political advocacy and financing. Durable results can be attained only through development that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. This calls for coherence in the cooperation between the different policy sectors influencing the development.
Promoting an Enabling Environment for Freedom of Expression: Global Action with Special Focus on the Arab Region
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is promoting freedom of expression, press freedom and freedom of information in the Arab region and South Sudan.
With financial support from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, UNESCO is implementing a project in the Arab region to strengthen legal and regulatory frameworks to promote freedom of expression, freedom of information, and press freedom.
- 28-02-2016 - Supporting Yemeni Media in Promoting Peace and Dialogue
- 11-04-2013 - Yemeni journalists trained on principles of freedom of expression
- 13-02-2013 - UNESCO enhances freedom of expression in the Arab region with the support of Finland
- 30-01-2013 - Finland contributes 2.3 million Euros to UNESCO for Freedom of Expression in the Arab States
- 18-04-2012 - Sweden and UNESCO join forces to support freedom of expression in the Arab States and South Sudan