Voluntary contributions have strengthened UNESCO’s work in freedom of expression in Jordan.
Funded by the European Union, the project’s goal was to enable free and impartial information and reporting on the 2013 electoral processes in Jordan.
Financed by the European Union, the programme aims at mainstreaming youth issues and priorities across national decision-making and policy implementation in European Neighbourhood Policy South countries.
Promoting an Enabling Environment for Freedom of Expression: Global Action with Special Focus on the Arab Region
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is promoting freedom of expression, press freedom and freedom of information in the Arab region and South Sudan.
Under the project: Enhancing Access to Information and Freedom of Expression for Syrian Refugees in Jordan through Radio Programs, the UNESCO Amman office recently produced a short film on the Sa’a Suriya (Syrian hour) Radio programme.
- 03-12-2014 - UNESCO strengthens legal support to media through specialized training for future judges
- 30-10-2014 - A three-year project to support media in Jordan launched
- 10-04-2014 - Arab media experts embrace UNESCO’s Media Development Indicators
- 19-11-2013 - Arab reporters meet in Jordan to discuss journalistic coverage of elections
- 13-05-2013 - Integrating media and information literacy into Jordanian schools
- 12-05-2013 - UNESCO promotes critical thinking, effective communication, and teamwork through debate
- 18-03-2013 - Integrating media and information literacy in Jordanian schools
- 14-11-2012 - The Syrian Hour: UNESCO supports radio programme for Syrian refugees in North Jordan
- 18-04-2012 - Sweden and UNESCO join forces to support freedom of expression in the Arab States and South Sudan