Voluntary contributions have strengthened UNESCO’s work in freedom of expression in Morocco.
Financed by the European Union, the programme aims at mainstreaming youth issues and priorities across national decision-making and policy implementation in European Neighbourhood Policy South countries.
Promoting an Enabling Environment for Freedom of Expression: Global Action with Special Focus on the Arab Region
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is promoting freedom of expression, press freedom and freedom of information in the Arab region and South Sudan.
With financial support from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, UNESCO is implementing a project in the Arab region to strengthen legal and regulatory frameworks to promote freedom of expression, freedom of information, and press freedom.
- 11.12.2014 - UNESCO’s report on World Trends in Freedom of Expression and Media Development presented in Morocco
- 04-11-2014 - UNESCO supports the revision of the Moroccan law on access to information
- 31-03-2014 - UNESCO office in Rabat releases two new publications on freedom of information
- 28-01-2014 - Promoting freedom of expression and security in the field of the new media in Morocco
- 18-12-2013 -Fourth issue of Women and Media in the Maghreb newsletter launched
- 12-12-2014 - UNESCO launches investigative journalism courses in the Maghreb region
- 22-11-2013 - UNESCO promotes freedom of information as a tool for women’s empowerment in Morocco
- 01-10-2013 - Journalists from Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania and Tunisia are invited to apply to regional training courses on investigative journalism
- 30-09-2013 - UNESCO supports increased awareness of the right to information in Morocco
- 25-06-2013 - UNESCO supports freedom of information in Morocco
- 13-05-2013 - UNESCO publishes the second edition of Women and Media in the Maghreb newsletter
- 26-04-2013 - Press Freedom Festival in Rabat
- 18-04-2013 - Morocco integrates UNESCO’s media and information literacy programme into national teacher-training curriculum
- 19-03-2013 - UNESCO recruits Communication and Information Project Officer in Rabat
- 13-02-2013 - UNESCO enhances freedom of expression in the Arab region with the support of Finland
- 07-02-2013 - Freedom of Expression on the Internet: UNESCO conference in Marrakech
- 30-01-2013 - Finland contributes 2.3 million Euros to UNESCO for Freedom of Expression in the Arab States
- 11-01-2013 - Morocco adapts UNESCO’s Gender-Sensitive Indicators for Media
- 18-09-2012 - UNESCO and the Moroccan Ministry of Education launch programme to integrate Media and Information Literacy into the Moroccan national teacher-training curriculum
- 18-04-2012 - Sweden and UNESCO join forces to support freedom of expression in the Arab States and South Sudan