Voluntary contributions have strengthened UNESCO’s work in freedom of expression in South Sudan.
Finland supports developing countries' own development efforts by means of both political advocacy and financing. Durable results can be attained only through development that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. This calls for coherence in the cooperation between the different policy sectors influencing the development.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organization which provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Sida is a government agency working on behalf of the Swedish parliament and government, with the mission to reduce poverty in the world and to implement the Swedish development policy.
Promoting an Enabling Environment for Freedom of Expression: Global Action with Special Focus on the Arab Region
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is promoting freedom of expression, press freedom and freedom of information in the Arab region and South Sudan.
With financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), UNESCO is implementing a project strengthening freedom of expression and democracy in countries spread across the Middle East, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
The secondment of two communication experts from the Norwegian Refugee Council has promoted UNESCO’s work in promoting the safety of journalists and combatting impunity in Pakistan and South Sudan.
- 15.03.2016 - UNESCO and Deutsche Welle - Akademie building capacity for peace correspondents in South Sudan
- 01.03.2016 - Radio for Peace Network to promote Peace Journalism in South Sudan
- IN FOCUS - South Sudan media stakeholders appeal for decriminalization of defamation in media laws
- 01-09-2015 - UNESCO Advocates for Safety of Journalists and Freedom of Expression through training of South Sudan Security personnel
- 26.07.2015 - Let us tell South Sudan Story through our own eyes
- 11.05.2015 - South Sudan advocates for Media Safety, Freedom of Expression and Gender equality in the Media
- 14.11.2014 - South Sudan media stakeholders calls for an end to impunity for crimes against journalists
- 22-04-2013 - Human Rights and Freedom of Expression Training for Media
- 04-04-2013 - Giving voice to South Sudanese women through radio
- 18-04-2012 - Sweden and UNESCO join forces to support freedom of expression in the Arab States and South Sudan