Voluntary contributions have strengthened UNESCO’s work in freedom of expression in Turkey.
The primary objective of the European Union’s development policy is the eradication of poverty in the context of sustainable development. EU partnerships with developing countries to promote respect for human rights, peace, democracy, good governance, gender equality, the rule of law and justice.
With financial support from the European Union, the project seeks to strengthen ethical and professional standards of media professionals in South East Europe and Turkey.
- 23-09-2016 - UNESCO sponsored survey strengthens media self-regulation mechanism in the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- 03-05-2016 - UNESCO organized briefing in Paris on the Project “Building Trust in Media in South East Europe and Turkey”
- 21-04-2016 - UNESCO supports discussions on labour conditions of media professionals in South East Europe
- 06-06-2014 - Albanian journalists trained to use Legal Leaks in their daily work
- 18-06-2013 - UNESCO roundtable in Turkey focuses on promoting tolerance and respect online
- 16-05-2013 - UNESCO launches new website on media landscape in South East Europe and Turkey
- 07-12-2012 - European Commission and UNESCO renew their engagement in promoting media accountability in South East Europe