Other media accountability documents
This section included other documents about media accountability, including overviews of the state of media accountability in Africa, policy documents and academic writings on the issue.
The following are some of the studies done in Africa on media accountability systems:
- Kruger, F (2009) Media Courts of Honour:Self-regulatory Councils in Southern Africa and Elsewhere. Fesmedia Africa Series, Windhoek.
- Article 19 (2002) Acces to the Airwaves: Principles on Freedom of Expression and Broadcast Regulation: International Standards Series, March 2002, London.
- Tettey, W.J (2006) The Politics of Media Accountability in Africa: An Examination of Mechanisms and Institutions. In Interntational Communication Gazette, Vol 68, No.3 pp. 229-248
- Mbeke,P.O.(2008) Background Note: The Media, Legal, Regulatory and Policy Environment in Kenya: A Historical Briefing, BBC World Service Trust Policy Briefing No. 1, The 2007 Kenyan Elections and their Aftermath: the role of Media and Communication, March 2008
- Chiyamwaka, B (2008) Media Ethics: A Call to Responsible Journalism, Media Council of Malawi, Lilongwe.
- Bussiek, B (2008) Self Regulation of the Media in the SADC-Region: Experiences with Media Councils in Southern Africa, Fesmedia Africa, Johannesburg Workshop, South Africa