Intergovernmental Council for IFAP
The Programme is guided in its planning and implementation by an Intergovernmental Council comprising 26 UNESCO Member States that are elected by UNESCO’s General Conference. The functioning of the Council is financed by UNESCO’s regular budget.
Within the framework of the decisions of the General Conference concerning the Information for All Programme, the Council shall guide its planning and implementation. This shall, in particular, include:
- considering proposals on the development and adaptation of the Information for All Programme;
- recommending the broad lines of action that the Information for All Programme could take;
- reviewing and assessing achievements and defining the basic areas requiring increased international co-operation;
- promoting participation of Member States in the Information for All Programme;
- supporting all fund raising efforts for the implementation of the Information for All Programme.
|Member States elected from 37th to end of 39th session of the General Conference (2013-2017):||Member States elected from 36th to end of 38th session of the General Conference (2011-2015):|
|China||Democratic Republic of Congo|
|Russian Federation||Iran (Islamic Republic of)|
|Turkey||Sultanate of Oman|
|United Republic of Tanzania|