2nd Session of the IFAP Council
The second session of the Intergovernmental Council for the Information for All Programme was hold at UNESCO Headquarters from 22 to 24 April 2003, in Room XI (Fontenoy building).
The Council is responsible for guiding the planning and implementation of the Information for All Programme.
In particular, the Council shall consider proposals on the development and adaptation of the Programme, recommend the broad lines of action that the Programme could take, review and assess achievements and define the basic areas requiring increased international cooperation, promote participation of Member States in the Programme and support all fund-raising efforts for its implementation.
Documents of the session
Download Acrobat reader to open the PDF files.
- Final Report of the Second Session of the Intergovernmental Council for the Information for All Programme
- Draft charter on the preservation of the digital heritage
UNESCO. General Conference; 32nd; 2003
2003; 32 C/28
- Report on activities related to the five areas of the Information for All Programme
- Preparation of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS)
- UNESCO/IFLA Internet Manifesto
- Guidelines for virtual meetings of the IFAP Council and its Bureau
- Conditions and criteria for admission to meetings of the Council for representatives of intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations
- Criteria for the design and implementation of extra-budgetary projects and management, promotion and strengthening of the special fund for the Information for All Programme
- Guidelines for the creation of national co-ordination frameworks or mechanisms for the Information for All Programme
- Provisional Timetable
- Provisional List of Documents
- Draft Recommendation concerning Promotion and Use of Multilingualism and Unviersal access to Cyberspace
- Feasibility Study on Establishing a Database on Best Practices in Designing, Implementing and Evaluating Development Projects in the Areas of the Information for All Programme
- Provisional Agenda
2003; IFAP-2003/COUNCIL.II/1 Rev