5th session of the IFAP Council
The fifth session of the Intergovernmental Council for the Information for All Programme was be held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France, from 2 to 4 April 2008 (two and a half days session), in Room II (Fontenoy Building). The Council session was be followed by a half day Bureau meeting in the afternoon of 4 April 2008, in Room IX (Fontenoy Building). All meetings are from 9.30 to 12.30 in the morning and from 2.30 to 5.30 in the afternoon.
The Council is responsible for guiding the planning and implementation of the Information for All Programme.
In particular, the Council shall consider proposals on the development and adaptation of the Programme, recommend the broad lines of action that the Programme could take, review and assess achievements and define the basic areas requiring increased international cooperation, promote participation of Member States in the Programme and support all fund-raising efforts for its implementation.
Documents of the session
Download Acrobat reader to open the PDF files.
- Provisional Agenda
- Report of the Director-General on the activities of IFAP
- Report of the Chairperson of the Council on the activities of IFAP
- IFAP Strategic Plan 2008-2013
- Suggested framework for measuring information literacy
- Free and Open Source Software
- Annex - Free and Open Source Software
- Multicultural Library Manifesto
- Final report
- Report of the thematic debate
- Provisional timetable
- List of documents
- Member States elected to the Intergovernmental Council for IFAP
- Agenda of the Thematic Debate “IFAP’s Role in the Global Information Space”