6th session of the IFAP Council
The sixth session of the Intergovernmental Council for the Information for All Programme was held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France, in Room II (Fontenoy Building) from 29 to 30 March 2010. This session of the Council was be followed by the 17th Bureau meeting on 31 March 2010, in Room XIV (Bonvin Building). All meetings took place from 9.30 to 12.30 in the morning and from 2.30 to 5.30 in the afternoon.
The Council is responsible for guiding the planning and the implementation of the Information for All Programme.
In particular the council did: review and assess IFAP achievements to date; consider ways for the expansion of the Programme and discuss fund-raising schemes for its successful implementation; define the main areas under IFAP’s mandate requiring increased international cooperation; further promote the involvement of Member States in the Programme; and recommend the future orientations and action lines for the Programme, in light of the Strategic Plan for IFAP endorsed by the Executive Board of UNESCO.
Documents of the session
Download Acrobat reader to open the PDF documents files.
- Final report
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/8
- Financial situation of IFAP
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/Inf.6
- Guidelines for the creation and operation of National Committees for the Information for All Programme
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/6
- Presentation of the World Digital Library Global Initiative
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/Inf.7
- Provisional Agenda
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/1
- Provisional List of Documents
- Provisional Timetable
- Report by the Director-General on the implementation of the Information for All Programme (IFAP)
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/Inf.4
- Report of the outgoing Chairman of the Council
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/Inf.5
- List of participants
- Analysis of the IFAP Statutes and Rules of Procedure
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/2
- Draft Code of Ethics for the Information Society
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/5
- Draft Council Decision
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/3
- Draft Council Decision on a procedure for granting the IFAP label to selected projects
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/4
- Draft Council decision on IFAP Bureau's recognition of best accomplishments or projects of excellence by National IFAP Committees
2010 ; IFAP-2010/COUNCIL.VI/7