In the past ten years, UNESCO has developed a close partnership with major stakeholders in the field of public service broadcasting. The institutions that have been most active in the recent past are the following:
- Regional broadcasting unions such as the Asian Broadcasting Union (ABU), the Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC), the European Broadcasting Union(EBU) and the Arab States Broadcasting Union(ASBU);
- The associations of broadcasters, namely the South African Broadcasting Association (SABA), theCommonwealth Broadcasting Association (CBA), the International Council of French-speaking Radio and Television (CIRTEF), the International Association of Educational and Discovery Television Companies (AITED), the International Radio and Television University (URTI);
- The International Public Television (INPUT);
- The Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD);
- The World Radio and TV Council (WRTVC).