EUROPEAN COMMISSION (NECOBELAC)
NECOBELAC-Network of Collaboration Between Europe and Latin America-Caribbean Countries
This project focus was in the field of public health with the objective of improving scientific writing, promoting Open Access publication models and fostering technical and scientific cooperation between Europe and Latin America & Caribbean countries.
In Latin America and the Caribbean, courses were organized in Brazil (2010), Uruguay (2010), Colombia (4 courses in 2010), Cuba (2011), Argentina (2011), Mexico (2011).
NECOBELAC partners are:
- Project coordinator: Instituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS), Italy
- Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), Spain
- University of Nottingham (UNOTT), UK
- BIREME/PAHO/WHO, Brazil
- Instituto de Salud Publica (ISP), Colombia
- Universidade do Minho (UMINHO), Portugal
The NECOBELAC project was sponsored by the European Community (7th Framework Programme) and lasted from February 2009-July 2012.