Redalyc – Red de Revistas Científicas de América Latina y el Caribe, España y Portugal (Network of Scientific Journals from Latin America, Caribbean, Spain and Portugal)
Redalyc started in 2002 as a research project from the Autonomous University of Mexico State (Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México-UAEM), with the aim of contributing to visibility and accessibility of scientific journals from Iberoamerica. Today, it provides open and free access to full-text articles of more than 640 journals from 13 countries Latin America and the Caribbean. Internet users can search at article and journal level, by subject or country, and download abstract, full-text and citation information.
Working together with an International Scientific Committee and Subject Committees, Redalyc applies strict quality requirements for accepting new peer-review journals. Once accepted, Redalyc takes over the work of processing and indexing all issues of the journal. To help improve quality of journals in Latin America and the Caribbean, Redalyc has organized two international journal editors events and several training activities in countries of the region, and online training.
- Services to journal editors and to the academic and scientific community includes:
- Hosting, indexing, training and technical support for peer-review journals which comply with Redalyc quality requirements.
- Journal quality indicators and training to help journal editors improve quality of their journal and be accepted by Redalyc
- Bibliometric and scientometric indicators for each individual journal and for customized journal portals
- Journal portals for a country, institution or subject areas.
- A journal online publishing system (Sistema Abierto Iberoamericano de Gestión Editorial-SAIGE) based on Open Journal System (OJS) open to all journals
Redalyc - Facultad de Ciencias Políticas y Sociales Universidad Autónoma del Estado de México Cerro de Coatepec s/n, Ciudad Universitaria Toluca, México, C.P. 50100 Teléfono:+52 (722) 215 83 70 email: redalyc(at)uaemex.mx