Open Access News (2011- 2014):
- UNESCO launches Open Access Curricula for Researchers and Library Schools: UNESCO has developed a set of manuals to facilitate capacity building of library and information professionals and researchers. The nine modules were developed in consultation with more than 50 experts to include diversity and expertise from the developing South. The curricula are now available for download online (19 December, 2014).
- The Open Access Interviews by Richard Poynder: Indrajit Banerjee, Director of UNESCO's Knowledge Societies Division (15 December, 2014).
- 6th Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing (COASP) was hosted at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris. The conference brought together professional publishing organizations, independent publishers, university presses, librarians, university administrators and other stakeholders. Participants had the opportunity to hear from many leading figures within the open access publishing environment. The recordings and slides from the conference can be accessed here (17-19 September, 2014).
- Open Access Indicators and Scholarly Communications in Latin America (2014): This book is the result of a joint research and development project undertaken in 2013 by UNESCO in partnership with the Public Knowledge Project (PKP), the Scientific Electronic Library Online (SciELO), the Network of Scientific Journals from Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal (RedALyC), African Journals Online (AJOL), the Latin America Social Sciences School- Brazil (FLACSO- Brazil) and the Latin American Council of Social Sciences (CLACSO) (August, 2014).
- UNESCO provides its expertise on Open Access to Mexico: The Knowledge Societies Division of UNESCO was invited to act as an expert in the workshop related to the Analysis of Legislation in the field of Open Access and Access to Scientific Information, which was jointly organized by the Senate Committee on Science and Technology and the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT) of Mexico.(02 October, 2013 ).
UNESCO in collaboration with the Government of Jamaica, University of West Indies and the UNESCO National Commission for Jamaica, organized The Regional Latin American and Caribbean Consultation on Open Access to Scientific Information and Research from 5 to 8 March 2013 in Kingston.
- UNESCO’s Open Access Policy Guidelines Document lauded for its significance: On the run up to SciELO+15 event, which has been given UNESCO’s patronage for its significance to the world of Open Access, Dr Dominique Babini reviewed the usefulness of the UNESCO document entitled “Policy Guidelines for the Development and Promotion of Open Access”. (19 August, 2013).
- Berlin 10: The first meeting on Berlin Open Access Series to take place at Stallenbosch University in Africa from 7-8 November, 2012 (with Pre conference Workshop on the 6th November)
- Open Access Week 2012: UNESCO; Mysciencework and the University Pierre and Marie Curie, will organize two events to celebrate the Open Access Week. An exposure on Open Access will be given on Tuesday, 23 October, 2012 6pm–9pm at University Pierre and Marie Curie (Amphitheater 25) and Thursday, 25 October, 2012 6pm–9pm at UNESCO.
- Organized: UNESCO, jointly with the National Library of Belarus organized a “Regional Consultation on Open Access to Scientific Information and Research” from 5th to 7th September 2012 in Minsk. the Republic of Belarus. The Consultation also provided an opportunity to celebrate 90 years of existence and service of the National Library of Belarus and organize an international congress on “National Library as a phenomenon of culture”. More than 40 participants from 20 countries in Eastern and Central Europe attended the Consultation. The consultation drafted a set of recommendations (English and Russian)to advance the agenda of Open Access in the region.
- Published: Policy Guidelines for the Development and Promotion of Open Access (download PDF)
- Directory of Open Access Books launched
- Open Access Week (22-28 October 2012, Worldwide)
- 3rd Luso-Brazilian Conference on Open Access, Portugal (1-2 October, 2012)
- ETD 2012, Lima, Peru (12-14 September, 2012)
- WSIS Forum 2012, Geneva, Switzerland (14-18 May, 2012)
- Fifth Belgrade International Open Access Conference, Belgrade, Serbia(18-19 May, 2012)
- Open Access Forum 2011, Paris (22-23 November 2011)
- INASP prizes for OA week activities (2011)
- Results of EIFL Advocacy grants (2011)