List of Open Access News from 2011 to 2012.
- Berlin 10: The first meeting on Berlin Open Access Series to take place at Stallenbosch University in Africa from November 7-8 (with Pre conference Workshop on the 6th November)
- Open Access Week 2012: UNESCO; Mysciencework and the University Pierre and Marie Curie, will organize two events to celebrate the Open Access Week. An exposure on Open Access will be given on Tuesday, October 23, 6pm–9pm at University Pierre and Marie Curie (Amphitheater 25) and Thursday, October 25, 6pm–9pm at UNESCO.
- Organized: UNESCO, jointly with the National Library of Belarus organized a “Regional Consultation on Open Access to Scientific Information and Research” from 5th to 7th September 2012 in Minsk. the Republic of Belarus. The Consultation also provided an opportunity to celebrate 90 years of existence and service of the National Library of Belarus and organize an international congress on “National Library as a phenomenon of culture”. More than 40 participants from 20 countries in Eastern and Central Europe attended the Consultation. The consultation drafted a set of recommendations (English and Russian)to advance the agenda of Open Access in the region.
- Published: Policy Guidelines for the Development and Promotion of Open Access (download PDF)
- Directory of Open Access Books launched
- Open Access Week (22-28 October 2012, Worldwide)
- 3rd Luso-Brazilian Conference on Open Access (Portugal, 1-2 October 2012)
- ETD 2012 (12-14 September 2012, Lima, Peru)
- WSIS Forum 2012 (14-18 May 2012, Geneva)
- Fifth Belgrade International Open Access Conference, 18-19 May 2012, Belgrade.
- Open Access Forum 2011 (22-23 November 2011, Paris)