Latest OA News
- Arab Consultation on "Open Access to Scientific Information and Research Concept and Policies"; 13-15 September, 2015; Cairo, Egypt. Organized by UNESCO in collaboration with the Ministry of Information and Communication Technologies, Egypt; Ministry of Scientific Research, Egypt and the Egypt National Commission for UNESCO .
- UNESCO-FOSTER Open Science Workshop for Doctoral Schools: UNESCO teamed up the EU's FOSTER project to discuss Open Science at the doctoral Level. The two day workshop was held at UNESCO Headquarters and included presentations by leading OA advocates, group activities and discussions with the overarching aim of encouraging the inclusion of Open Science in doctoral curricula (23-24 April, 2015).
- A consultative forum on Open Access for Africa; held in Nairobi, Kenya: Organized by UNESCO in collaboration with the Network of African Science Academies (NASAC), Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, Kenya National Academy of Sciences, African Academy of Sciences and the Kenyan Ministry of Education, Sciences and Technology (29-30 January, 2015).
- Open Access Indicators and Scholarly Communications in Latin America (2014)
- Policy guidelines for the development and promotion of open access (2013): English, French, Spanish
- Cyranek, Günther (2010). Greenstone: Un software libre de código abierto para la construcción de bibliotecas digitales. Experiencias en América Latina y el Caribe. Montevideo, Unesco, 210 p.
- Open Access: Opportunities and Challenges (2008)
- Open Access to Knowledge and Information: Scholarly Literature and Digital Library Initiatives (2008)
- Science Dissemination using Open Access (2008)
Bhanu R. Neupane
Communication and Information Sector (CI)
Tel: 33-1 45 68 43 65
Fax: 33-1 45 68 55 83