UNESCO recruits expert for ICT capacity building project in Libya
The post of an Assistant Programme Specialist for ICT to join the implementation team of a large scale ICT capacity building project in Libya is now open for recruitment at the Information Society Division of UNESCO's Communication and Information Sector.
The major responsibility of this post consist is assisting in the planning and implementation of the extrabudgetary project entitled "ICT Capacity Building in Libya". Working under the immediate supervision of the Chief of the Section for ICT in Education, Science and Culture, the incumbent will have, among others, the following tasks:
- implementing recommendation of the project's Technical Advisory Committee (TAC);
- evaluating the needs in specific subject areas and project modules as specified by TAC;
- preparing contracts for procurement of goods and services;
- enhancing the visibility of the project;
- facilitating exchange of information between different project teams;
- providing logistical support for cooperation with other UNESCO Sectors and services;
- preparing project documents, implementation reports and briefings.
Candidates to the post must have advanced university degree in international relations, communication and information, at least 2 years of relevant professional experience in international cooperation, and strong analytical skills.
The vacancy notices available on UNESCO's website contain, inter alia, more detailed information on duties and responsibilities, qualifications required, salary and benefits, and on how to apply.
When applying for UNESCO vacancies, please only use the online recruitment system at <a target="_blank" href="http://www.unesco.org/employment">www.unesco.org/employment</a>. Candidates without access to Internet may send a paper application by completing the official UNESCO CV form (available at Headquarters, UNESCO Offices, National Commissions in Member States, or any office of a United Nations Resident Representative) in English or French to:
7 place de Fontenoy
75352 Paris 07 SP
before 23 September 2008, quoting the post number: CI-995.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of UNESCO and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: <a target="_blank" href="mailto:Recrutweb@unesco.org">Recrutweb@unesco.org</a>.
<- Back to: News articles