UNESCO hosts thematic meetings in support of WSIS annual Forum
The fourth edition of the WSIS annual Forum will take place at ILO’s Conference Centre, in Geneva, Switzerland, from 14 to 18 May 2012. UNESCO will facilitate the WSIS Action Lines implementation by hosting thematic meetings, with special focus on ICTs for education, sciences, culture and communication.
The WSIS Forum is an annual consultation event co-organized by UNESCO, ITU, UNDP and UNCTAD within the framework of the WSIS outcomes implementation. It provides a unique opportunity for reflection upon the actions undertaken by governments, the private sector, the civil society and UN agencies, in the framework of Geneva Action Lines in a wider context.
By inviting the most prominent experts, as well as representatives of ICT community from all parts of the world, UNESCO will host the following meetings:
Monday, 14 May
- C7 E-learning: "Mobile Learning: Cellphones, tablets, digital textbooks, and what’s more?" (Governing Body Room)
- C8 Cultural and linguistic diversity: "The relationship between Local content, Internet Development and Access Prices" (Room III)
- C9 Media: "Freedom of Expression on Internet and Social media" (Room IV)
Tuesday, 15 May
- 2013 WSIS +10 Event consultation meeting (Room XI)
Wednesday, 16 May
- C10 Ethical dimensions of the Information Society: “Cyber and Information ethics: Fostering and enabling freedom on the Internet" (Room IX)
- C7 E-Science: "ICTs driving Sciences" (Room XI)
Remote participation will be made available for each session: please click here for more information.