UNESCO's WSIS Contribution to Include Communication and IT Research
- Work in progress for reports on communication and IT research will be presented at a Forum on Communication, IT Research and the World Summit on Information Society (WSIS), organized by UNESCO and the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR), in Barcelona on 23 - 25 July 2002. The research reports will form part of UNESCO's substantive contribution to WSIS.
Research reports are being prepared in the following areas:
· Infoethics and universal access to information and knowledge;
· Linguistic and cultural diversity in media and information networks;
· ICTs and people with disabilities;
· Gender and ICTs;
· Press freedom and freedom of expression in the information society;
· Education and training in and for the information society.
The objective of the forum is to discuss the work in progress in the preparation of the research report and to recommend additional areas to be covered by communication and IT research in the information society. The initiative forms part of UNESCO's preparation for WSIS, which takes place in Geneva in December 2003 and in Tunis in 2005.
The Forum will bring together communication and IT researchers from different regions of the world, who will also be participating in the 23rd Conference and General Assembly of IAMCR which takes place in Barcelona from 21 to 26 July.
<- Back to: News articles