Potential Centres of Excellence and Reference
The initiative “The need for quality journalism in Africa: building centres of excellence” seek to provide a long-term support to the existing Potential Centres of Excellence and Potential Centres of Reference.
Potential Centres of Excellence
These are universities that are strong relative to peers but constrained in the ability to excel by themselves. Institutional capacity building efforts could help them become self-sustained Centres of Excellence. As such, they will gradually assume an important role within the region, helping other universities reach similar levels.
- Mozambican School of Journalism
- University of Stellenbosch
- Rhodes University
- Walter Sisulu University, School of Communication Studies
- University of Technology. Department of Journalism
Potential Centres of Reference
These are institutions that can be considered as those who would use support well, to improve their growth and sustainability to achieve a wider impact, even if this outcome is achieved indirectly.
- Lagos Polytechnic, Department of Mass Communication
- University of Ibadan. Department of Communication
Zimbabwe:Back to top